Immigrant Employment Councils (IECs) are forming in cities across Canada and bringing together local stakeholders to address the many challenges of integrating skilled immigrants into the labour market.
To increase your ability to effect change at the local level and break down the barriers to hiring skilled immigrants, you can find the following on this website:
- Web-based toolkits on effective programs such as mentoring, internships, and public awareness campaigns
- Coaches who will guide and mentor you in the development of programs to help skilled immigrants in your community
- Grants to support the creation of local immigrant employment councils
- Annual conferences to share knowledge, and learn about successful strategies and experiences that are working in your community
- Networking opportunities with other Immigrant Employment Councils
- Background information to make the case for hiring immigrants