Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) is a federal government department that links immigration services with citizenship registration, promotes the unique ideals all Canadians share, and helps build a stronger Canada with a shared bond of citizenship and values. Through its Foreign Credentials Referral Office (FCRO), CIC:
- Funds in part the programming of CRIEC, ERIEC, Greater Halifax Partnership, LMIEC New Brunswick Multicultural Council, HIO, TRIEC, IEC-BC and the Immigration Partnership – Waterloo
- Serves on the Hire Immigrants Ottawa Employer Council of Champions and the Public Sector Working group and participates in coaching events
- Offers the Federal Internship for Newcomers (FIN) Program which provides opportunities to skilled immigrants to gain Canadian work experience through short internships in public and private sector organizations – delivered in Ottawa, Toronto, Vancouver and Victoria
- FCRO won the 2011 Hire Immigrants Ottawa Employer Excellence Award in recognition of its work on the Federal Internship for Newcomers (FIN) Program
- Participates in TRIEC’s Mentoring Partnership, CRIEC’s Mentoring Collaborative and IEC-BC’s Mentoring Program by providing mentors through the Public Service Mentoring Pilot
- Serves on the board of IEC-BC – Regional Director General and the Employer Resources Working Group
The Employers’ Roadmap Video Series features employers sharing their experience in hiring internationally-trained workers and how it has benefited their organization.